Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Support planting 1000 trees and saving 100 acres of the Peruvian Amazon forest

Once upon a time, not long ago, a tree sang to me the following poem.....

I keep standing in this position and haven’t moved an inch, since the day I was born.
Do you know why?
Because I know I am a landmark to you here and will help you find your way.

I create flowers and fill them with different colours, sometimes even in the midst of thorns.
Do you know why?
Because I know you want to bunch them together and give it to someone you love.

I produce fruits and vegetables, sometimes so heavy that I began to bend.
Do you know why?
Because I know you will be healthy and full of life by just eating them.

I stretch myself in all directions, sometimes so far that I hardly see my own branches.
Do you know why?
Because I know you will seek protection under me, from the scorching heat and the heavy rains.

I serve you in all possible ways your mind can think, many times even after I am dead.
Do you know why?
Because I know it will help you have, all that you think is necessary for a comfortable life.

I do nothing and patiently watch, when I see you rapidly cut off, every one of my species.
Do you know why?
Because I know that my nature is only to give and never to get back at any one.

Surely, there is no amount of gratitude enough for having trees in the world. As a chinese proverb goes, "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago and the second best time is now", this month I would like to support the charity "Camino Verde" in their noble task to plant 1000 trees and save 100 acres of the Peruvian Amazon forest.

By paying 25$, the cost of transporting over 100 tree seedlings will be covered.

Link to the charity website.

Link to the on-line donation link 


No comments:

Post a Comment